Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More Wireless Network Companies

Finally the government is going to allow more wireless carriers into our market. I think that it is about time. Our market has been dominated by only three wireless carriers for so long that the competition isn't really there anymore. When you have less than six options available to you, well there really isn't much to choose from. And of those there are really only three that most people could really remember.
We all knew that for a long time now we were paying way too much for cellular service. About twice as much as the rest of the industrialized world. Now I am paying over $200/month right now, so if I were able to cut that in half then just look at the savings. This would put a lot more money in my pocket. With the $1500 or so I could save every year in my cell phone charges, could be put towards paying down debt, or even better, this is an extra mortgage payment.
Just think about it. After every 12 years of having a mortgage and paying that extra payment, well that puts me even closer to financial freedom.
So I say lets just get all of it done. With all other costs rising all around us, it sure will be nice to have something go down.

No comments: